Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Frozen





If you had no name
If you had no history
If you had no books
If you had no family

If it were only you
Naked on the grass
Who would you be then?
This is what he asked

And I said I wasn't really sure
But I would probably be cold

And now I'm freezing
Freezing

Words by Suzanne Vega, from Songs of Liquid Days by Phillip Glass

For a few days now it has been bitterly cold in my little corner of the world and this beautiful song has haunted me. I've created another version of this image, without the Word Art. It's in my gallery slideshow, should you care to take a look to see which one you like best.

2 comments:

Heather T. said...

Very, very cool -- what a lovely, lonely song...

Just Me said...

Chilling, thought provoking and simply beautiful. Wondering who is in photo your Father took? LinLin, your partner for Woven Letter's Paper Swap this month...cards.